Our client, is a market leader for international electro-mechanical installations of processing, packaging and conveyor equipment systems and machinery. We are in search of an experienced Warehouse Manager for immediate full-time employment to become part of our career team. Our client’s core focus is to be the leader of electro-mechanical installations in the food and beverage, industrial, contracting and manufacturing construction industry.
We are seeking a full time, dynamic and collaborative Warehouse & Logistics Manager to oversee the successful flow of operations of our client’s Memphis, TN warehouse. This is a fast paced, energetic industrial environment. If you have the passion and experience in directing the receiving and distribution of merchandise, warehousing, logistics, and the managing of warehouse staff then this is the right career opportunity for you.
The Warehouse / Logistics Manager is responsible for:
- Lead Warehousing processes and tools, racking systems, etc.Control and manage logistics warehouse operations including but not limited to the receiving, storage, and loading of raw materials, finished goods, dunnage, and other material required to support the business.
- Prepare bulk job orders, load trucks, and deliver product to project sites in accordance with distribution and timeline plan. Inventory all materials in accordance with Sarbanes / Oxley guidelines for a warehouse facility.
- Lead, develop, and direct all warehouse and bulk delivery personnel. Direct spending (labor/materials) to responsibly manage budgets associated with warehouse activity and bulk delivery.Manage physical building and grounds assets (Facility P&L)
- Maintain spending within budget guidelines to support overall financial targets and responsibly employ company resources
- Ensure customs regulation (when necessary) are applied and perfectly executed
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams such as Leadership, Finance, Human resources, Purchasing & Development
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers, suppliers, staff, vendors, contractors and company executive personnel.
- Managing daily production demands
- Monitor and responding to day-to-day company needs & concerns and implementing best practices
- Overseeing the coordination of timely and efficient production and distribution of job by job needs, from beginning to end (pricing, ordering, receiving, inventory, loading, tracking, shipping, & job coding)
- Planning, implementing, managing and accessing short-term projects, including logistical analysis of job needs, calendar timeline, materials requirements, timelines, & costing.
- Providing a strong warehouse floor presence and an understanding of processes to set an example for others
- Handling day-to-day production documentation to ensure accuracy
- Supervise all warehouse and delivery personnel.
- Ensure the safety of all warehouse and delivery personnel
- Prepare outgoing materials, parts, or products to ship for project sites and vendors
- Make sure that all work areas including the exterior of the branch is kept clean
- Ensure products, parts, and supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient and timely manner
- Make sure that the receiving area, staging area, shelving, and aisles are organized and neat
- Receive product, check quantities against packing list, and record any discrepancies. Prepare receiving reports and note any shortages or damages
- Operate a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment
- Field incoming calls, assist with product or service inquiries
- Make sure that all vehicles and forklifts are maintained and inspected daily
- Retrieve, label, stage, and/or load materials into project trailers and/or other vehicles.
- Conduct physical inventory and cycle counting process on a regular basis.
- Follow receiving operating procedures set by management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recommends and implements innovative approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the warehouse and services performed.
- Acts as a liaison for general human resources needs in the warehouse
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Provides weekly synopsis of work product, outputs, and outcomes to executive management staff and departmental units
- Participates in weekly project meetings
- Maintains receiving, distribution and warehouse of merchandise by initiating, coordinating operations and supervising warehouse staff
- Ensures high performance standards for all warehouse personnel
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and conferring with department heads to ensure proper coordination of warehouse activities
- In collaboration with the Safety & Compliance Officer, enforces personnel safety programs, including OSHA requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work some Saturdays as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and physical environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing needs
- Good verbal communication and listening skills
- Good problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail Oriented
- Must have a thorough knowledge of warehouse operations and distribution. Minimum of 4 years Warehouse experience.
- Must have a history of managing people
- Management Experience in electrical, mechanical or other industrial products or related industry is preferred.
- Must have good PC skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel is strongly preferred. Experience and Proficiency with Procore is a plus.
- Experience with various material handling equipment. Forklift skills required.
- Possesses excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Possesses the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Able to lead people and manage processes through a continually changing environment
- Must have excellent Safety record with a strong knowledge of OSHA Regulations.
- Should have Extensive knowledge of Industrial Systems and Warehouse Logistics, Time Study principals and space management.
- Thorough knowledge of production planning, transportation, inventory shipping, contract orders, product forecasting, replenishment. and other functions that would affect projects & jobs.
- Must have an excellent quality record & experience in managing quality control.
- Must be self-motivated, positive, have a high degree of integrity, dependability & participate as a team member to achieve common goals with sense of urgency.
- Must be able to prioritize requests from many sources.
- Must be able to meet company requirements in a fast-paced work environment.
This position has limited direct supervisory responsibilities. Under the direction of Executive management, the Warehouse & Logistics Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer to execute the responsibilities of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This position also requires the ability to lift and move equipment, etc. This position requires dexterity, from small motor skills to potentially heavy lifting (up to 75 pounds). It requires walking, carrying, reaching, and stooping: lifting, lowering, pushing pulling items of various weights
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are atypical. A Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. work schedule would not be the norm. Due to possible scheduling/logistics issue, some weekends and evenings are required as the job duties demand. Position is generally a 40-50-hour work-week.
Zero to 10% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Valid Class "C" Driver’s License with safe driving record required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Must have 3 – 5 years related experience as Warehouse / Logistics Manager
- Good computer skills for email, Word, Excel, Procore required
- Must be knowledgeable of the entire warehousing and delivery processes
Additional Eligibility Qualifications Preferred
- Exceptional abilities in Customer Service, Organizational & People Skills, Reporting Skills, Good Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills, Computer/Technology Skills, Supervision, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Equipment Maintenance and Sound Judgment.
It is the policy of AMPS Staffing Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
AMPS Staffing, Inc.’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans, Native Americans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, and education.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.