Our client, is a market leader for international electro-mechanical installations of processing, packaging and conveyor equipment systems and machinery. We are in search of an experienced Purchasing Agent for immediate full-time employment to become part of their career team. Our client’s core focus is to be the leader of electro-mechanical installations in the food and beverage, industrial, contracting and manufacturing construction industry.
We are seeking a full time, dynamic and collaborative Purchasing Manager to oversee the successful flow of operations in our client’s Hamilton, OH Corporate Offices. This is a fast paced, energetic industrial environment. Keeps on top of a company's supply needs. Seeks out high-quality goods and negotiates reasonable prices on orders. Communicates with team members and executives effectively. The company is Native American owned and operated.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for:
- Staying familiar with the company's needs
- Ordering supplies
- Coordinates with people in different company locations to see if a better price is available somewhere else or if suppliers in a certain area are not living up to expectations
- Communicates with executives and gains approval for purchasing contracts with new vendors or on new supplies
- Continuously comparison shops and negotiates to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies
- Oversees supply chain management
- Communicates with suppliers and to make sure supplies get where they need to be when they need to be, even when a deadline is tight
- Maintains a network of professional contacts to discover new opportunities for good deals on orders
- Forecasts demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly
- Checks inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends
- Processes payments and invoices
- Keeps a well-organized collection of contracts for easy reference when needed
- Attends meetings to stay up to date on the company's objectives
- Attends conferences to meet potential new suppliers and glean insight from other professionals in the purchasing field
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recommends and implements innovative approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the warehouse and services performed.
- Acts as a liaison for general human resources needs in the warehouse
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Provides weekly synopsis of work product, outputs, and outcomes to executive management staff and departmental units
- Participates in weekly project meetings
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Electrical & Mechanical Industry experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and physical environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing needs
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Excellent written skills and responsiveness
- Good problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to Work with a variety of people
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent computer skills. Must have proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel. Experience and Proficiency with Procore is a plus.
- Experience with various material handling and electrical equipment required.
- Possesses excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Possesses the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Able to lead people and manage processes through a continually changing environment
- Should have Extensive knowledge of Industrial Systems
- Thorough knowledge of production planning, transportation, inventory shipping, contract orders, product forecasting, replenishment. and other functions that would affect costs of projects & jobs.
- Must have an excellent quality record & experience in managing quality and fiscal control.
- Must be self-motivated, positive, have a high degree of integrity, dependability & participate as a team member to achieve common goals with sense of urgency.
- Must be able to prioritize requests from many sources.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Under the direction of Executive management, the Purchasing Agent will report to the Chief Financial Officer, the VP of Operations and other executive staff to execute the responsibilities of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work can be atypical. A Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. work schedule would be the norm. However, due to possible scheduling/logistics issues, some weekends and evenings may be required as the job duties demand. Position is generally a 40-hour work-week.
- Zero to 25% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- Must have some experience as a purchasing agent, buyer or procurement agent
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with 3-5 years experience will be considered
- Good computer skills (MS Office, General Accounting) Experience with Procore a plus
- Must be knowledgeable of the entire RFP-to-Project and beyond purchasing processes and procedures
Additional Eligibility Qualifications Preferred
- Analytical Skills: Must have the ability to work with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, and must evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Decision-Making Skills: Must have the knowledge, skills and abilities to use the information gathered to make decisions on behalf of the company.
- Math Skills: Excellent math skills are required to analyze prices and get the best deals possible.
- Negotiating Skills: The ability to work with suppliers to create the best deals.
- Exceptional Organizational & People Skills, Reporting Skills, Good Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills, Computer/Technology Skills, Supervision, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Inventory Control, Analyzing Information, Sound Judgment.
It is the policy of AMPS Staffing Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
AMPS Staffing, Inc.’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans, Native Americans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, and education.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply online OR email your resume to Jobs@amps-staffing.com