The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the accurate processing of company payroll on a weekly basis as well as the responsibility of maintaining business and personal credentials of AMPS Staffing, Inc. and its employees.
Organizational skills are required to keep up with these duties. An applicant must have skills operating office equipment. The Payroll Specialist should be able to type quickly with a low margin of errors, and should be able to communicate clearly and effectively with internal customers and vendors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process Company payroll on a weekly basis
- Process Wage Garnishments and Child Support Orders
- Monitor and assist ADP in the processing of quarterly tax filings and Unemployment insurance notices.
- Respond to any payroll issues that arise in a timely manner.
- Prepare information for W2s and ACA Filings.
- Approve and process Expenses Reports on a timely basis.
- Monitor credentialing for the company and prepare initial and renewal applications for company credentials.
- New state electrical and mechanical licensing (personal)
- New state contracting licensing (personal and business)
- Renewal of electrical and mechanical licensing (personal)
- Renewal of state contracting licensing (personal and business)
- Identify, track and schedule any and all continuing education credits and classes for Darryl Cuttell.
- Make recommendations for any potential issues related to Mr. Cuttell’s licensing.
- Upon new job notification for any location (U.S. or Canada), identify credentialing needs and act on securing proper licensing (personal or business) necessary for the job to be compliant.
- Handle credentialing for new and renewal Secretary of State registrations and all annual reports in a timely manner.
- Upon request process any pre-construction, construction and post construction lien activities.
- Upon request, pull permits, handle drawings and follow through by posting and managing all documents in Procore Construction Management System.
- Ensure that Renewal Tracker is kept up to date and maintained with all scanned documents filed properly.
- Communicate via phone, email, overnight delivery or various mail entities with appropriate staff members as needed for the above activities.
- Communicate with bonding/insurance company to obtain any necessary bonds or certificates of insurance for jobs on a timely basis.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer and internet proficiency
- Can work well independently, but must work as part of a team
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 40 plus hours per week
- Must be willing to work off shift hours to complete projects
- Must have reliable transportation
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years payroll experience
- Must have experience running payroll using the ADP Workforce Now system.
- Experience using Renewal Tracker is preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications Preferred
- Microsoft 365 certified
- Office equipment knowledge
It is the policy of AMPS Staffing Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
AMPS Staffing, Inc.’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans, Native Americans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, and education.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.